Saturday, February 23, 2008

Losing Wisdom......Teeth that is!

Well I went under the knife Friday morning and finally had my wisdom teeth cut out. I was absolutely terrified!!! Keith and his mom were both with me. They let Keith stay in the room while they hooked me up to laughing gas and gave me an IV, but then they asked him to leave. All I remember is the doctor telling me I was going to be feeling goooood and then zzzzzzzz. Next thing I know they were helping me stagger out of the building LOL. I would say the numbness in my tongue, bottom lip, and jaw when I got home coupled with keeping gauze crammed in my mouth to stop the bleeding for 3 hours was the worst part. Once I was finally able to take some pain pills I zonked out for a few hours! I woke up feeling good enough to eat some applesauce and mashed potatoes, took another dose of pain meds and zonked out again for a few more hours. Such has been my routine for the past 30 hours. I am weaning myself down on the pain meds now, which is good b/c I was tired of feeling so loopy and sleepy. And itchy, too. But now my left jaw is really starting to swell and feel uncomfortable. It doesn't really hurt, just doesn't feel good. Anyway, I have to praise the Lord for taking care of me, I couldn't have asked for things to go better, really. I've not been in any pain, so that has been a blessing. And I have to thank my sweet hubby for taking such good care of me! That's all for now!

No comments: