Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Dreaded Plateau

UGH.  I have officially plateaued.  I knew it was coming, as it does to anyone starting a weight loss journey, but why oh why did it have to come three weeks before we go to the beach?!?!  I have been stuck for a little over a week now at 12 pounds weight loss.  I don't think I'm going to reach my goal of losing 25 total by the time we go to the beach.  *sigh*  Oh well.  Just gotta stay on topside, I guess.  

I think Keith has lost a total of about 17 pounds now, if I'm correct.  And the proof is in the pictures!  I must say that I laughed at him for taking pre-dieting pictures, you know, posing with no shirt on, LOL.  I refused to take any pictures when I started because for one thing I was pretty sure that the camera would break, and second I did not want a single more "fat picture" of me floating around out there.  But now I kinda wish I had.  The difference between Keith's Day 1 pics and Day 30 pics was pretty amazing.  So much so, that he even showed my  mom!  LOL.  Now I wish I had taken some sort of pictures to kind of be able to step back and look at my progress.  

In other Jones Household news, I have recently developed a new obsession with Rhett and Link, a couple of vloggers and internetainers as they call themselves.  http://www.rhettandlink.com  These guys, to me, are pure comedic genius.  I could watch these videos over and over and just laugh my head off!  And they are so dang adorable too!!  I'm going to add them to the "blogs I follow" list.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You all have done really good! I wish I could say I've lost 12 lbs...so I'm at a plateau also! You should go ahead and take a "before" picture now, just for reference later!