Tuesday, May 12, 2009

New Motivation

Well, I wasn't a die-hard Biggest Loser follower this season, but I did enjoy checking in on it once in a while, especially toward the end.  Watching tonight's finale was amazing!  Especially seeing all of these heavy-set woman develop these gorgeous, fit yet feminine bodies gave me a little boost in my own weight loss journey.  

My whole life I have felt like a fat person.  While I have never been one of those naturally skinny people, up until I was about 18 I was not what I would now consider "fat."  However, I always felt like this huge, disgusting person.  Remembering how I felt while looking back at pictures of what I really looked like kind of makes me sad.  Maybe if I had felt a little better about myself back then, I wouldn't have let myself turn into the overweight woman I am now.  I literally now look the way I felt back then.  I guess since I always just felt that I was fat anyway, I let myself believe that it didn't really matter what I ate or how lazy I was, I was already fat, right?  Then the pounds just kept coming over the last 6 years.  But now I realize the damage I have been doing to my body, my emotions, my confidence.  I am determined to undo all this!

So while it may not come as fast or as obvious as I would like, I figure as long as I am working out 5-6 days a week and making smart eating choices throughout the day, then I am improving my health.  

So here's to getting back on, and staying on track!

No comments: