Friday, March 28, 2008

Card making!

I've been trying to make some actual cards with all of my new Stampin' Up! goodies my WONDERFUL hubby let me buy!


For the card above, I used the One of a Kind stamp set, with the Boho Blossoms punch, chocolate chip ink and Pretty in Pink ink. The big flower is actually three layers, and has a very dimensional feel to is. The patterned paper is DCWV and the brown ribbon is from Offray.

My inspiration was sadly lacking so I went to Splitcoaststampers to try and find some. I found this beautiful card: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/858203 and decided to case it. I used the SAB set Friendship Blooms, with Chocolate Chip ink. I used my SU watercolor pencils and blender pen to color in the flowers. The striped patterned paper is DCWV, and the pink paper with white dots I made using a Sassafrass Lass stitched border stamp and Whisper White ink.

It felt good to get a little creative again, even if I did borrow some ideas, lol. Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Very cute cards!!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful cards, Vanya! Great job!!